Tools for Instruction
Choose what works for you!
Tools for Day-to-Day Instruction (From our Members!)
Please note: if you would like to add a resource, email email@example.com and your tool will be added to the list below. We are doing great things and using great tools – how can you contribute?!
Resources: Below you will find a list of wonderful resources for a variety of subjects! If you have something you would like to add, please email Matt Stagliano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NJ DOE Career Resources – click here for a list of resources for CTE teachers from the NJDOE.
PARCC & Common Core:
- Common Core State Standards – the common core state standards!
- Achieving the Core – a website with a plethora of resources surrounding common core.
- TeachThought – a website with an abundance ideas for implementing CCSS in your classroom!
Social Media Sites:
- Edmodo – “Facebook” for educators/students
- Schoology – similar to college online-learning platforms, schoology allows educators to run “hybrid” courses. They can blend both traditional classrooms, with online classrooms
- ClassDojo –
- Weebly.com – an easy, FREE platform for teachers to build beautifully designed websites.
- Google Sites – if you have a Google account, it’s easy for your to create a class website using Google sites. Google sites allows for many options in creativity and design for teachers to enhance their students’ online experiences.
- Edutopia – a great website that offers insight on a wide variety of topics. Including, but not limited to: Professional Development, Project-Based Learning, STEM approach to learning, Technology infusion in the classroom, and more!
- The Learning Network (New York Times) – a blog by New York Times that pairs real, authentic New York Times Articles with teaching and learning for high school age students.
- Buck Institute For Education – a website with tools, graphic organizers, unit plan organizers, and ideas all founded in Project-Based Learning. This site may be very helpful for our career area teachers.
Apps/Cell Phone Tools:
- Remind – a cell phone reminded app that lets you communicate with student and parents via cell phone withOUT exchanging phone numbers.
- Socrative –
- Common Core App –
- History Here –
- ClassDojo –
Professional Resources (from NJEA)
- PD Partners
Information about NJEA’s professional development partner organizations.
- Special Education/Gifted and Talented
Valuable resources for special educators.
- Standards and Frameworks
Here you will find information regarding New Jersey’s professional development regulations.
- Web Resources
NJEA is pleased to provide this collection of online resources as a service to our members. Each month a new topic will be presented.