Here are the minutes for the February Rep Council Meeting. Check back for more updates soon!
This was the third meeting with a mediator present. The Board has some questions that need to be answered regarding proposals that we made. They anticipate answers to these questions by the beginning of next week. If the answers are what we anticipate, we will have a tentative agreement at that time. If the answers are contrary to what we expect, we have scheduled another meeting for October 29th at 4:00 PM to continue negotiations.
Thank you to those of you who came to Pennsauken last night and Stay Tuned!
The CamVoc Negotiation Team would like to thank the 70 members who showed their support before this evening’s fact finding meeting. Their presence helped set a favorable tone during the meeting.
During the session, the fact finder facilitated conversation between the Board and CamVoc. No specific decisions were made but both parties agreed to meet again on October 4th at the Pennsauken Campus at 6pm
Today, your Association President, Negotiations Chair, and Uniserve Representative met with representatives of the Board of Education to discuss contract language and salary. Agreements were made regarding language and we had a frank and honest discussion regarding expectations around salary from the county. We then shared our position and ramifications of the county’s expectations to our membership. We have agreed to look at creative ways to deal with the political environment while we await a fact finding date.
Our Uniserve Representative will be working with research department of NJEA to determine the specific impact of the Board’s proposal and to find creative solutions around our situation, which we will then share with the Board. A future meeting will be scheduled once we have more concrete information. It is our hope to find a contract agreeable to all parties prior to our last day but please understand that may not be possible.
Please stay informed about negotiations and actions through your building rep, camvoc.org, and your camvoc email.
The Camvoc Negotiation team met with the BOE. Tentative agreements were reached on language issues, some items were dropped from proposals, and slight movement has on salary. We will be meeting on May 9th to prepare for our next meeting with the BOE at the Pennsauken campus on May 15th at 5pm.
Tonight, the Camvoc Negotiation team met with the BOE. Tentative agreements were reached on some language issues. No movement has occurred on salary and benefits. We will be meeting over the break to prepare for our next session with the BOE at the Pennsauken campus on April 19th at 6pm.
Tonight your negotiation team met with the state mediator. We explained our position but, no agreements were reached. We will be meeting with the negotiator again on January 14th.
Tonight your negotiations team met with the BOE. After brief discussions regarding salary, both sides have agreed to declare an impass in the process. We will continue to meet and plan while waiting for the assignment of a mediator.
We will also begin the action planning process. All interested individuals should contact their reps.
Your negotiation team met with the Board tonight. We discussed more language changes but very few substantive agreements have been reached. Please follow the CamVoc calendar for the next meeting date.